Wednesday 9 May 2007

Trip 5's

If you read my SHATTERED DREAMS post u will no i send i would post some more of my fuck ups, well as it happens the main 2 were both when i hit trip 5's on the flop... here goes

first of all this mite have been on a 6 max table before i went on the 10 table and lost $10 with my aces
the table was fairly passive and i had been doing ok and was up from $5 to bout $8 when i get 57 off, everyone see's a cheap flop of 558,
so i got trip 5's there a bet before me so i decide to raise it up to bout $1, guy after me reraises to $2
so what now??? well i felt invincible for some reason and i was thinking that i must be the only person with a 5 so i push all in for $8 against this guy who had bout $4 before the hand everyone folded apart from this guy
he called and showed 5,10!! oops!! no 7 or high cards to split so back down to $3 as he take that pot

thats what i get for being too aggressive i told myself

so bit later on 10 seater after i lost with the aces i call a min raise with A5clubs hoping for clubs or low cards
think 2 other saw flop of 559
so after last time i wasn't going to play this hand so aggressively so i bet under half pot, get 2 callers
turn 10
no flushes and my trips still look like best hand so bet bout 2/3 rds pot this time get called by 1
river J..... didn't like this card made a str8 draw.....
so i bet half pot the other guy min raises it back... so at this point my thinking was he could have a 5 but i have Ace kicker this time, he could have had 2 over cards and been drawing and hit one for 2 pair?? he hadn't shown much aggression til the river so could it be a bluff??
figured by now i had to call just in case i did have it

he shows KQoff and had drawn the str8 on river!!

so twice trips 5's did me, thankfully i didn't lose it all on that hand!

once i slow played and once i pushed, both times bad result

any thoughts??

i know i have read and also thought myself never slow play trips as basically u prob got ur best hand right there and slow play only lets other draw to a hand that could beat u, now while this is true .. we all trying to make money here, and if u always push ur good hands then people will not call and u wont make the money so what ur looking to do is play the best hand in the most deceptive way possible.....easier said than done!!

more poker theory shortly, pls leave a comment on this or any previous or future post or email me pokeking69@yahoo.co.uk with any comments on anything

PK69

2 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Have you ever thought of registering for Poker Hand (www.pokerhand.org) to display your hand histories? Makes them much easier to read and it's free!

DrunkenMonk said...

I would have done the same thing in the first hand but jammed on the turn in the second hand. Didnt work for me tho when I had 666. The fooker still called my jam and caught a str8.