Friday 23 March 2007

Support

would just like to say thanks to all of you who have left comments on my blog, thanks also for the support and encouragement!!

another sorry morning

$2 turbo, going ok bout 6 left i call a raise or limp not sure with 10J, flop comes 77J, chip leader goes all in, fold fold, so what now??? well at the time my thoughts were this:
i have 2 pair, he could be bluffing as he had push all in a few times on the flop and we all folded, so i figure this is a chance and call
he has........ A7 so i got 2 jacks to hit, which i dont and i out!

pretty poor i think


I also put $4 on a 6 max table 5c/10c
anyone got thoughts bout table choice? full or 6 max??
anyway few hands in i win a small pot doing ok, lots of calling going on even with raises of 3-5 xbb
so i limp in with Q9, flop comes J108!!!! i bet small like 20c i think, one call and then the big stack raises to $1.20 ish back to me.... i think for a while.... only for effect, i have only one thing in my mind.... PUSH!!

so i reraise all in, the guy calls in a flash....
he has: J10-2 pairs
i have the str8, so what am i worried about??.....yup as soon as i saw his cards i could feel it
TURN-...... 10 of course for his full house!!

i think i gota stick to tournys cos with under $20 now i just cant afford to play cash games!!

i also think i should only play 1 at a time, i admit i am an action junkie!! trying to squeeze in as much as possible b4 work, so must cut back to 1 at a time til i hopefully build my roll back up!!

also i think its time i actually started writing about some poker theory, all i do is comment on my plays each day, think i need to work on my basics so writing about them and getting your feed back should hopefully help me improve

so goals for time being are to plays less
work on my theory more, so that i can put into practice what i learn!!
and get roll going up!!

PK69

5 comments:

ROSSI said...

If you leave me your email i will send you my bankroll management guide. It has taken me 2 years and conforms with most bankroll management ideas you will read about in books/magazines. I have also posted it to various substansive players on the blog circuit and taken into consideration their feedback.

Having read your blog briefly i think instantly you should cut out playing quickly before work and leave your sessions at least a couple of hours long. I banned myself from playing turbos as they seemed to much of a lottery, i even stopped playing a lot of stt's for that reason preferring cash games, but everyone to their own.

I started my bankroll from scratch i.e $35 and strictly stuck to my bankroll rules and have never had to redeposit. It may seem slow and boring but you aint gonna keep going bust. Plus your under no pressure, and can pretend your bankroll is just points on a computer game.

anyway goodluck

snoopy1239 said...

I really enjoy reading this blog, cracking stuff.

My advice for your current roll would be 10-man $1 STTs - play super tight (ie. cut out the limping with mediocre hands like J-T and Q-9) near the start and then aggressive with 5 or 4 left. Your big hands get paid off in these, so don't waste double up money limping early doors, just play your big uns.

Apart from that, I agree with the guy above. Great post, sounds like he has his head screwed on.

Wombol said...

Hi Pokeking69,

Hope all is well. Just wondered if you would be so kind as to check out my blog and hopefully add a link to mine. Will check back soon to see how you are doing.

http://wombolpoker.blogspot.com

and let me know what you think.

many thanks
Wombol

Small Stakes Poker said...

Gl man
linked you up :)
Paul

Wombol said...

hi Pokeking69,
Hope all is well, no posts for a while, hope you haven't given up on poker!
Just wanted to ask your thoughts on Full Tilt and the quality of players.
My site currently isn't given me the bonuses I want so am looking to switch and Fulltilt is looking pretty good.
you can email me if you get a chance at wombolpoker@hotmail.co.uk
cheers
Wombol