Wednesday 7 February 2007

oh my god!!

Well its been a while since my last post, mostly due to the time i have taken off to recover!!

Just a few weeks ago i was sitting on a nice $300 account on pokerstars, now........ NIL, ZIP !!!!
christ!!!!

so how did it all go wrong you may ask, well i sure did!!! for one thing i was playing with my entire bankroll (puney as it was) i know a mistake, but just how r u supposed to build it up when u dont have much in the first place? anyway here goes

every time i was playing well it only one bad hand that did me, some luck and some i know just crap play from myself!!

i think it started going wrong with this.. i was on the 50c$1 tables on stars, started with bout $60 been playing a while doing ok, up to about 70-80$ ish, i get aces in the sb, couple of limpers and then the button raises to something like $2.50 or so, now i know in hindsight i should have reraised but at the time i was thinking aces great i can call and trap him, boy was i wrong!! so one other mid position guy calls, flop comes 10&9 spades and a 4, not bad i check setting the trap, mid guy bets $2 button calls, ok so i wanna get rid of one of them and not let them draw to flush so i raise to something like $8, mid guy folds, one down! the button raises to like $30ish, now i thought for a while.... could have a draw.... maybe ace 10?? now i know the warning signs were there but i was blinded by the aces, i felt invincible, so i thought i would jam it back to him, so my $70 goes in and the secong i do it i am praying pls dont have 10's, of course he called with.... the 10's no ace or flush on turn or river and i had just spunked nearly a third of my roll!!!

so on to another session...

decided to play the 25c-50c tables given my last error.. start 2 tables with about $40 on each, again going good up to $60 on one and $55 on other, cant remember exactly positions or anything here but here goes.... on table with $60... i call with something like q9, just a speculative call maybe there was a small raise but not much... flop comes 8,10,j i've got the nuts!!! no flush draw, so how can i milk this pot i check, one guy raises another reraises for about $15ish so back to me after my previous beat i wood be happy just to take the pot so i re-reraise all in one fold the reraises call with 8,10 2 pair, looking good, turn a blank river a 10!!!! full house! jesus!! again, then a few hands later on other table same thing i call, hit the nut str8 all in get call by a set so as long as the board doesnt pair i'm good!! the river??? pairs of course!!!

what could i have done??? could i have played them any differently? i dont know?? so now i was down to bout $70 ish

will tell u how i did the rest shortly.....

1 comment:

Marky said...

Hi,
I'm no expert but there's no way you should be playing with all your bankroll on one or two tables.
Swings happen, and you seem to be losing with decent hands.
But its a fact that As lose to trips and Ks come up against As. I haven't read all your hand history but you talk about losing $70 with As against flopped trip 10s, but when you flop trips with 8s against ks, you try to get all tricky and checked the flop, turn AND river.
YOU SHOULD BE FELTED THE BASTARD.
You also need a bankroll behind you that can withstand the swings.
My bankroll is $2,500 and I still only play 25c/50c and 50c/$1 NL.
The time you play is perfect to take advantage of the drunk, fishy Americans.
My advice is to go to Full Tilt, where I play. From my blog you can see I have I deposited $500 in November.
You get a decent bonus and play, IMO, is weaker than on Stars, mainly because of the huge $600 deposit bonus on offer.
I would appreciate it, if you do decide to go to FT, to download through the link on my website.
I am happy to give some advice from time to time on specific hands, if you like.
Any ones in particular you are thinking about?