Monday 11 June 2007

$300K update

Well i am sure your all desperate to hear bout how i cracked the $300k!!

well it didn't quite go to plan, infact i did well to last past the first 10mins!!

I eventually left the game in 829th of 1373 after bout 1hr 30mins, so here's what happened

Sunday went by as usual, though as time went by i was getting more and more excited, the big tourny was coming up and i was ready, ready to make my big score or at least $215!!

The gf was very understanding, she had dinner all prepared so if need be she could dish up and give me a tray to eat while playing, all the house chours had been done early so if needed i could spend the 4-8 hrs at the pc!!

The tourny started at 5:45 so at 5:30 i turned on the pc and logged on to party, with 8 mins to start they started opening tables i clicked take my seat....... nothing 5 mins to start frantically i start looking to check my name is on list, yes there i am!
clicking take seat again...... still nothing tourny starts in under 1 min!!!!

no this cant be happening, the biggest day of my poker life so far and its going tits up b4 i even played a hand!!

i start looking through the list of 187 tables hoping by luck i might see the table i am sat at, the tourny is under way now and i have no idea where i am!!

finally my table opens up there i am with 4940chips, the blinds must have started with me and i have already lost the bb & sb!! still plenty of time i tell myself

i fold a few hands before i get AQ i raise only to see a reraise and a big re-reraise, not my hand i tell my self and fold

few hands later i get KJsuited i have position so i raise a few callers and we see a raggy flop with one or 2 of my suit, checked to me so i bet half the pot
get one or 2 callers
turn brings a 2nd suited card not my suit 1 fold, guy b4 me checks so i fire again and he calls
river brings the King but the 3rd suit not mine!!
guy bets bout 75% pot
not sure why but i just didnt think he had anything plus i just hit my king
so i call and win, he has AQ

YES!!! up to 5900

that was a high as i went

due to the following donkey play that i just couldnt fold

in early position i limp with89 suited
3 other limpers
flop comes J,10,9, none of my suit

so bottom pair but with open ended str8 draw, in hindsight now not a great hand!!

anyway at the time i was thinking that no one raise so pair mite be good but prob not, however if i can hit my str8 i thought i could win it

so i lead out at pot with a bet of 80 into 160

1 guy folds, 1 guy calls, last guy raises to 200

ok so maybe he doesn't believe me, maybe he got a J or 10..... but if hit str8 i tell myself so i call, other guy folds so its just us 2

Turn is a beautiful 7 giving me a str8!!
now i had thount the guy could have QJ or KQ but surely he would have raised pre flop???

so i check, guy bets bout 1200, this pot is getting big!!
i min reraise to 2400!!
guy calls

river is rag but a 3rd heart
guy pushes all in, i have him cover by just under 1k

i think.... could he have flush..... don't think so why push all in?? 2 pair or trips could be
KQ for nut str8????? could be???
as the clock ticks down i decide what if he doesnt have KQ i take a huge pot!!...... so i called!!

OF COURSE he had KQ!!!!

i am down to 900 and its only 10 mins in!!

looking back i could or should have folded on turn, he raised my flop bet indicating some strength, he then raises big on turn again showing strength, so at that point my bottom end str8 looking bit weak!!

and even if i called there, when he pushes all in on river, if i fold i still have 2500 ish to play with!!

anyway so my schoolboy error basically ended my tourny in 10mins!!

i may never get a chance like this and i blew it!! froze in headlights!!

i played 4 hours of flawless poker to win this seat, 4 hours i not likely to have spare or allowed to have spare any time soon and in 10 mins i throw it away

annoyed with myself is an understatement!!!

so i thought lets see if i can get a lucky double up...
but i was getting crap cards, 49,Q2,K3 nothing i wanna push with

then with bout 600 left i get AA utg!! i limp another caller and then a reraise folded back to me i push and am called by the raiser

my aces are good and i up to 1200,.... maybe.......

i win a small pot and up to 1400.... i can do it i tell myself as i make it to the 1st break

soon after break we down to under 1000 runners now

i finally win a reasonable pot and get up to 2200.... maybe i can do it!!

but the cards just arent coming for me and soon i back to 1600 then 1200 and then 990

i looking for anything half reasonable to push with


i get A5 and decide this is it i push
one caller who has KQ, my bogey hand again it wood seem!!

flop 9,5,10!!

i have a pair i begin to hope again!!

Turn: J

no!! he has a str8 and i am drawing dead

river 10 so i finish with 2 pair and out in 829th!!

oh well not to be, i wonder what i could have done if i didnt i didnt give away all my chips in first 10 mins!!!

so that was the $300k for me

i guess i have to live to fight another day, was a good experience, interesting playing against the level of play

one time i raise 3xbb get a caller, flop 994, i check and he bets pot...... too big a bet to call so i fold my AQ

too often i found myself limping in pots and not hitting flop only to fold to pot size bets, course having so few chips didn't give me much room to play with

PK69

1 comment:

Kenn said...

unlucky mate but thats the way it sometimes goes - you sometimes have to lay down big hands which isnt easy but its the only way you can make it through the lean times

well at least you go to play in a big one, so hopefully thats the first of many

gl